Thursday 12 March 2015

Creating Problem Solvers

Everyday when my students work with me they are challenged with Mathematical word problems. They are put in mixed ability groups within their main group and asked to solve a problem given to them anyway they can this includes using materials if they so choose. My students can find this very challenging at times but as they get more practice on how to approach these problems they are really working their hardest to get the right answer. They have such expressions of accomplishment when they do manage to work out tricky problems, which is so great to see.

Here are some photos of my groups working on problems. They are concentrating hard :-)












25 comments:

  1. I love how engaged your students look Miss Breen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whaea Elizabeth28 April 2015 at 09:56

    Ka wani ke!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mihor! ka wani ke

    ReplyDelete